Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
The name Radically Eccentric says it all! Google radically then eccentric and you will get it!! I am just a young college grad seeking the Lord with all I have.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Month To Live!

I was interested in this book that waterbrookmultnomah.com sent me for free to read then post a review on. So when I first got the book I was overjoyed, because in my mind I was OMG here is a new way for people to go about their everyday life. So before I get into my review, here is the table of contents:

Day 1: Introduction -- Living the dash
Principle 1: Live Passionately
Day 2: Roller Coaster -- Riding the Big Dipper
Day 3: Time Squared -- Spending your most valuable resource
Day 4: Power Surge -- Connecting with the ultimate source
Day 5: Oxygen Mask -- Breathing first
Day 6: Monkey Bars -- Risking greatness
Day 7: Dreamsicle -- Thawing out your frozen dreams
Day 8: Kick Start -- Living life full throttle
Principle 2: Love Completely
Day 9: Heart of the Matter -- Relating and not waiting
Day 10: Ocean -- Exploring the depths of forgiveness
Day 11: Everest -- Scaling the obstacles to unity
Day 12: Boxing Ring -- Resolving conflicts by fighting fair
Day 13: Sandpaper -- Smoothing the edges
Day 14: The Gift -- Thanking those around you
Day 15: Last Call -- Revealing your heart
Principle 3: Learn Humbly
Day 16: Star Power -- Discovering who you were meant to be
Day 17: GPS -- Finding your direction
Day 18: Hurricane -- Withstanding the winds of change
Day 19: Metamorphosis -- Changing from the inside out
Day 20: Earthquake -- Building a foundation that lasts
Day 21: Mulligan -- Playing with integrity
Day 22: Road Signs -- Experiencing a personal miracle
Principle 4: Leave Boldly
Day 23: Sandcastles -- Creating a lasting legacy
Day 24: Seeds -- Planting for the future
Day 25: Sticks and Stones -- Using eternal building materials
Day 26: Collisions -- Staying the course when your life crashes
Day 27: Starfish -- Making a world of difference
Day 28: Footprint -- Leaving a lasting impression
Day 29: Game Over -- Dying to live
Day 30: Game On -- Living it up

This book teaches you how to live the "dash" which means your life from birth to death and how to get there in a month.
It talks about passion, being humble, being old, loving otheres, just pretty much leaving your mark which is a product of Christ on the world.
For me it was a good book, but I am already living the way this book encourages us to live thanks to my daily bible reading and the first chapter in Radical! So I didn't really get anything new out of it and Im definately not like okay okay I'm going to live like this now. This book was a good refresher though.

I would recommend this book for somebody still looking for a passion, or their purpose, or they know what it is, but the flame died years ago. Or even somebody older or younger that just needs a refresher.
I am more content having daily Jesus time, where it is just me the Lord and my Bible. That's the best exmple on how to live your life. It also bring you closer to the God head and gives you more knowledge.

To receive free Christian books you too can blog for books! Please check out http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/

No comments:

Post a Comment