Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
The name Radically Eccentric says it all! Google radically then eccentric and you will get it!! I am just a young college grad seeking the Lord with all I have.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Revival

I can't believe I haven't blogged since 2012. Shame on me! It's a terrible shame, because I love it x 457, & if I haven't written, it only means my 62 off beat thoughts a day have been trapped in my head or shared with tactless Facebook.

Even though this post has nothing to do with revival, the title is appropriate.

Currently it's the crack of dawn, and although I prefer and SHOULD be asleep, I haven't been able to all night. I'm 12 nights into my current hospital stay, and I've had 2 nights of this nurse. If she comes in a shift change, and says that she'll be back tonight, I might just hop my crippled self to the nurses station, PCA and matching pajama pink panther grandma included, and sign paperwork to leave AMA.

In fact I'm leaving AMA based on the fact that during her bedside report, she mentioned to the day nurse to do what she has been doing all night...turning on all of the lights!

My goodness lady! 

As a night nurse, you're lucky if you even know where the light switch is. It took me one time of trying to fumble with a light switch while holding my morning labs junk, and while wearing the full isolation gear before I realized I needed one of those cool flashlight badge buddies like the rest of the nurses. 

You can tell the light nurses from the ninjas be case the are usually loud talking, have no grace, but almost this particular clumsiness, and they don't carry anything extra in and out of hospital rooms. It's as if they already foresee turning on every light at 2 am, and knowing they are covered by their irritated ninja coworkers if they call out on the patients call light because they forgot a band-aid, purple top, or a witness...

For less than $10 @ BBW, I got a motorcycle hand sanitizer holder with 3 different flashlight modes. It was perfect for the floor, and now that it's retired to my Keychain I get many compliments and questions about it.

Nurses don't be a light nurse. For the sake of your patients, go buy one of the cool flashlight badge buddies and be a ninja! 

No comments:

Post a Comment